Having a clean workplace isn’t just about a sparkling facade and clean windows. A clean workplace also ensures the health and safety of your employees and visitors while at the same time creating an environment that is pleasant to be in. Records for the period from Jul 2013 to Jun 2014 show that 531,800 people suffered from work-related injuries and illness so it’s in everyone’s best interests that your workplace is kept clean.
Here are 6 reasons why a clean workplace is a safer workplace:
Clean dry floors prevent falls and slips
– Ensuring your office floors are dry and clean is key to preventing falls and slips. Different types of floor cleaning products are intended for different purposes. For instance, acidic cleaners are good for removing oxides, rust, and scale from floors whereas alkaline cleaners are more suited to cleaning restaurant floors. Some products may contain chemicals that could damage your workplace floor so be sure to talk to your office cleaning provider about what’s best for your facility. In addition, you can play your part in keeping workplace floors dry and clean by providing area mats at all doorways which will capture dust and dirt from people’s shoes.
Disinfectants prevent germs from spreading
– Disinfecting and sanitising work areas including desktops, light switches, and phones, help to prevent the spread of germs, particularly in the winter months when sneezing and colds are prevalent.
Ensuring proper air filtration
– While you can’t see them, vapours and dust are hazardous substances that can make your office building unsafe for employees. Ventilation is an important factor in reducing the transmission of airborne infections and maintaining office productivity. Regularly cleaning your HVAC filters can reduce odour concerns and microbial growth. Maintaining humidity to around 30-50% with a dehumidifier can also help promote clean air and reduce air pollutants. Vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters are great for capturing fine particles of dust.
Clean light fittings promote better productivity
– It’s easy to overlook light fittings but a build-up of dust can reduce that all essential light that’s needed for employees to see what they’re doing clearly and may slow them down. It’s also important that stairways and aisles are well lit to prevent accidents from occurring.
Eco-friendly cleaning products
– These are better for the environment and for your employees but not all products are created equal. Those that are certified by Good Environmental Choice Australia are both safe and sustainable.
Disposal of waste and recyclable products
– Encouraging your employees to place recyclable products into a designated bin makes sense and keeps the office free of clutter. Allowing trash to build-up creates an untidy office and a potential breeding ground for insects.
At MA services we collaborate with our clients in order to provide safe and secure cleaning solutions that meet their unique needs. We work in accordance with health and safety regulations to deliver a cleaning service that doesn’t impact your brand. Whether you’re looking for a one-off clean, daily, weekly, or monthly cleaning we can tailor our professional service to you.
Why not give MA Services a call today on 1300 020 406 to discuss your commercial cleaning requirements?