If you’re not familiar with the term ‘static guard’ then chances are you’re confused about their job description. While the term ‘static’ might lead you to think they stand around in one spot all day this couldn’t be further from the truth. In truth, they are a long way from being stationary.
So what does a static security guard do?
One of the many vital roles of a static guard is to conduct regular and thorough security patrols. While many people take this to mean searching for thieves, intruders, burglars and even murderers, MA Services have other measures in place for intruders.
Instead, the real job of a static security guard and the main reasons for security patrols are:
- To safeguard your property from flood, fire and any other damage
- To prevent accidents from happening
- To prevent and reduce your company’s resources waste
- To identify offences and take actions to prevent them
Static security guards perform their patrols at different times of the day and change their routes regularly so as to ensure an element of surprise should an incident occur. If anything untoward happens a static guard will always log the incident in an incident book designated for that purpose. This serves as important evidence should the police get involved.
Furthermore, our static guards remain in communication with our control centre and other colleagues so should contact be lost, we can take immediate action to determine the cause.
Other important aspects of a static guard’s job
- Ensure rules and regulations are followed – MA Security static guards ensure that all rules and regulations laid down by your company, such as a no smoking policy, are being obeyed by all members of staff.
- Reduce environmental impact – We give special training to our static guards to help companies reduce their energy bills. This includes such things as turning off any lights that are unnecessary. We understand environmental issues and our static security guards ensure that energy wastage is reduced to help reduce your company’s carbon footprint.
- Peace of mind – The presence of a static security guard gives peace of mind to employees, visitors and customers and their very presence is often sufficient to deter any incidents from occurring in the first instance.
Static security guards are extremely versatile, and their range of services can be tailored to your specific business. Since they get to learn how your business works and become accustomed to regular routines, they can easily become fully ingrained in your company’s operations.
If you’d like to learn more about static guards and whether they could be right for your business, why not get in touch with the security experts at MA Services Group? Call today on 1300 020 406 and let’s talk.
- How mobile patrolling services complement the new normal
- Construction Site CCTV Cameras: Why it’s So Important?
- What are some aspects of commercial building security?
- What are some of the effective office cleaning procedures?
- What Are The Top Security Challenges In Shopping Centres?
- What Services are offered in Office Cleaning in Australia?
To Ensure the safety and protection of your people, assets and systems.